Shamrock Cookies Recipes: St. Patrick’s Day Fun!
Shamrock Cookies Recipes
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day!! If you are still looking for a great dessert to serve the kids, I have a really fun design for you to consider. Check out these cute Shamrock Cookies… and they are made with Jolly Ranchers!! How fab!!
Basically, you need sugar cookie recipe ingredients and then some candy. Nice and easy. My kind of treat!
- 1 ¼ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ teas. Baking Powder
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Vanilla
- Green Jolly Ranchers
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter (1.5 inches)
- Round Cookie Cutter (2.5 inches)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, beat butter and sugar with mixer then add egg and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and salt into wet mixture.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated.
5. Take dough and roll into a ball and place on floured counter top.
6. Take rolling pin and roll out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. If it’s sticking to rolling pin, add a little flour to top of dough.
7. Cut out circles then cut out the shamrock shape in the middle. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Take Jolly Ranchers and place in baggie, hit with a heavy object to break it up into little pieces.
9. Place the jolly rancher pieces inside the shamrock.
10. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Take out before the edges turn golden brown.
10. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.