Are we really talking about Halloween yet? You better believe it! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I absolutely love revving up for the big day. I also enjoy “easy to make” treats that kids can come home to after a long day in school. Nothing beats some super scary mummy brownies with googl-y eyes, right? Ok, how about just some mummy brownies? Not so scary at all!
Your children can help out with the icing decoration or you can simply do it all on your own – up to you. Either way, be sure to save me one because I’m coming over!!
Here’s everything you need to get started. Mummy Brownies are such a treat! Halloween doesn’t just about candy and candy corn!
Yields: 12 brownies
Prep and Time: 15 minutes | Bake Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 box Brownie Mix (plus required eggs, oil and water as directed on box)
- White Frosting (your favorite homemade recipe or a 16 oz. store bought tub)
- Candy eyes
Additional Materials For Mummy Brownies:
- Sandwich bag to pipe frosting onto cupcakes
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Cool completely once baking has finished.
- Cut and carefully remove brownies from dish and place on a flat surface covered with parchment paper.
- Place white frosting into a sandwich bag and snip off a corner. Pipe frosting in a crisscross pattern across each brownie to look like a mummy.
- Add two eyes onto each brownie.