We are sitting in the pouring rain right now and it got me thinking about … soup. That makes sense, right? I mean nothing beats a hot and yummy meal on a damp and icky day! I love when the kids come home from school and my house smells like Fall and homemade bliss. All I need is a fresh loaf of bread and a large bowl. Oh and this Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe.
The Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe is easy enough. You just need the right ingredients – most of them I bet you already have. Staples!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 yellow onion – diced
- 2 minced garlic
- 5-6 large potatoes – peeled and diced
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 5 cups milk
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook your bacon to a crisp and crumble set to the side. Leave the pan on the stove on medium.
- Add the butter to the pan with the bacon grease.
- Add the onion, garlic, and potatoes. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Take all of the items in the pan and place it in a large pot over medium heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper and stir.
- Now add the chicken broth, milk and cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked. Cook for about 25 minutes.
- Now add the cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles and the green onions and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for another 10 minutes to combine flavors.
- Garnish with cheese, bacon and green onions. Enjoy!!
What do you think? Are you going to try this Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe? Let me know what you think!