I know people get all “pumpkin spice crazy” when the Fall comes around, but I’m more of an apple loving girl! Give me a warm apple pie any day of the week! Here is a great recipe for mini apple pies that your family will surely love. They are a great portion for after dinner or an after school treat.
You don’t need a lot of ingredients for this homemade mini apple pie recipe, but do yourself a favor and buy a pre-made crust! It will save you loads of time.
Homemade Mini Apple Pie Recipe
- Pie Crust (you can make homemade but it’s so easy and fast to buy the already made pie crust!)
- 2 Large Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Flour
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter, softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Roll your pie crust out and use a round cookie cutter (or even the top of a peanut butter jar!) to create circles.
- Scoop the apple mixture on top of each pie crust circle making sure to not fill to the ends.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool. Top with ice cream and serve!