You didn’t think I would leave you hanging yesterday did you? Of course I was going to post the recipe for Dave Lieberman’s Chicken Cacciatore. My stomach is literally growling at me. LOL!
- Two 14.5 oz. cans Del Monte® Original Recipe Stewed Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- One 3-4 pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- About 5 ounces button or cremini mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour until well coated.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown well on both sides.
Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside.
Add the onions and mushrooms to the hot pan and cook them, stirring often, until soft, about 7 minutes.
Stir in the red wine, tomatoes, and sliced garlic. Add the chicken back into the pan and cover the pan loosely. Reduce the heat to medium and cook 1 hour, until chicken is cooked through and tender.