I have a fresh strawberry cobbler recipe up for grabs. There’s nothing like a fresh cobbler, right? Oh so good! I mean, add a scoop of ice cream and you have yourself one heck of a treat. This is a year-round dessert – not just for the Fall. So bookmark or download and save for whenever you need it.
Let’s get started with what you need!
Fresh Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR BATTER
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter – softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries – sliced in half lengthwise
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, chilled and cut into slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 8 x 8 baking pan and set aside.
2. Add the softened butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cream together with an electric mixer on medium speed.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in half of the dry ingredients to the creamed butter.
5. Add half of the milk and stir until mixed. Add the remaining flour and the remaining milk and stir again until all of the ingredients are wet. Do not over stir.
6. Transfer the batter to your greased pan. If needed, use a rubber spatula to even the batter out.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar. With a pastry blender or using 2 forks, cut in the chilled butter slices until crumbly.
8. Place a single layer of strawberries on top of the batter, cut side facing down.
9. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture on top of the strawberries.
10. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Best served warm with your favorite ice cream. ENJOY!!
Leave a Reply
September 25, 2017